Congratulations, you're on the last step of our mini-lessons! Now we're going to go through the sales flow, place a test order, exclude that order from your reports and download your images and sale details. Let's do it!
Starting Your Sales Meeting
- Click on the "Take Me There" button in the banner at the top of the screen, or on the "Start Meeting" button for the IPS Opportunity you just created.
- You'll be brought to a temporary page the first time you do this, you won't see this page any other time. This page explains how to go through the sale process and what to do when you're finished. Give it a read, but don't stress, it'll be there still when you're finished placing your test order.
- Click on the link in the "Placing Your Test Order" section of the page.
This will drop you in on the Title Screen for your IPS Meeting. You can set this title image in the Manage Images tab by clicking the "Make Title" button on the image you wish to set as the title image. We have layouts for both landscape and portrait oriented images, so choose your favorite image, no matter the orientation.
Viewing the IPS Slideshow
To get into the slideshow, click the "View Slideshow" link on the Title Screen. The slideshow will begin playing automatically, with each image shown for 3 seconds a piece.
You can use the arrow keys to stop the auto-slideshow and navigate between images. Using the spacebar on your keyboard starts and stops the slideshow. When you reach the end of the slideshow, you'll have the options to:
- Replay the Slideshow
- Cull your images (The "Choose Images" link)
- Head into the Designer (The "Design Galleries" link)
To begin culling images, click on the "Choose Images" link after you've completed the slideshow (or from the Title Screen)
- Mark a photo as "Yes" by tapping the up arrow on your keyboard, this will mark it as a yes (imagine that!) and auto-advance to the next image.
- Mark a photo as "No" by tapping the down arrow on your keyboard. This will also auto-advance to the next image.
- Click the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen if you need a closer look at any images.
- Press the escape key on your keyboard to go back to the title screen.
- Move between photos with the left and right arrows on your keyboard.
Depending on your settings for the IPS meeting (which you chose when setting up the IPS Opportunity), you may or may not see any images marked as a "No" when inside of the Designer. You can toggle this on and off in the settings for that particular meeting.
When you're finished culling images, you can click on the "Design Galleries" link to head into the Designer and start selling some wall art!
The IPS Designer
You're pretty familiar with the Designer by now, so we'll just talk about the differences between the Photographer View of the Designer and the IPS View of the Designer.
- Depending on your settings for this meeting, you might start in "Basic Mode" where you'll see a stripped-down view of the Designer. This is recommended, as it leads your client to making a purchase instead of playing around with all of the knobs and buttons of the Designer. To get into Advanced Mode, just click the little down arrow that is just below the client name at the top left of the screen.
- The "Add as a Suggestion" button has been replaced with "Add to Cart" and "Review Cart" buttons.
- Depending on your settings for this meeting, you may or may not see prices listed when you click on a gallery or a product within a gallery. You can toggle this on and off in the settings for this meeting.
- Depending on your settings for this meeting, you may or may not see the product size when resizing a product. You can toggle this on and off in the settings for this meeting.
- Any images that are in a suggestion but were marked as a "No" will show a small red "X" in the top left of the image on the wall. These can still be ordered, that's just there to let you know that image had been marked "No".
- There's no way to share to social media or download a snapshot of the wall while in any client view of the Designer (it's only available in the Photographer view).
The Checkout Flow
Review Cart Screen
To add a gallery to the cart, simply click on the Add to Cart button while that gallery is the active gallery in the Designer.
This will drop you into the Review Cart screen. On this screen you can:
- Delete the gallery from the cart
- Edit the gallery (going back into the Designer to make additional changes)
- Proceed to selling Add-ons (any non wall art products)
- Proceed directly to Checkout (skipping Add-ons)
Selling Non-Wall Art Products
To sell products that are not wall art, just:
- Click on the "Offer Add-Ons" button in the Review Cart screen.
- Click the "New Add-On" button.
- Enter a description of the Add-On (ex: 8x10 metal print), the price for that Add-On, how many of that Add-On your client is ordering, and any notes you wish to add to the order.
- The Add-On will automatically be added to the cart and the pricing on the right hand side of the screen will update automatically.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for any additional Add-On products.
- If you need to get an image number, just click on the "Show Images" button at the bottom right of the screen to slide up a filmstrip of all images, including image numbers.
Depending on your settings for this meeting, when you click "Save & Go to Next", you may or may not be taken to the Discounts screen (you can toggles this on and off in the settings for this meeting).
To apply a discount to the entire order:
- Choose Flat Rate (for a fixed, dollar amount discount) or a Percent Based discount (for, you know, a percentage-based discount)
- Enter a description and amount for the discount. Percentage-based discounts will show the amount that will be discounted for you. The discount will be applied to the order subtotal automatically.
From here, the checkout flow is pretty standard:
- Enter the client's shipping info (we will not place orders or ship orders, this is for your internal use).
- Review the order.
- Enter the client's credit card number (if Payment Processing is turned on in your Preferences. If Payment Processing is off, you'll proceed directly to placing the order. You'll want to collect payment in whatever way you're already using).
- Get a Summary of the order.
After the Sale
When an order is placed, an email will be sent to you and to the client. In your email will be a link to the order details screen for that order.
For this test order, be sure to click on that link in the email, then click on the "Exclude Order from Reports" button in the Reporting Status section of the Order Details screen.
This Order Details screen will give you all of the info you need for this order and, once the order is finished processing, you'll be able to download a zip file of everything you need to place the order with your lab.
The Order Zip File includes:
- A PDF of all of the order details (thumbnails of each gallery and each image within the gallery, lab and product details for each product in the order, any add-ons and discounts and any notes associated with the order)
- A folder for each gallery included in the order, with image files that are cropped and ready for you to place the order with your lab. If you have any edge options (for canvas prints), we have already included the black or white edge in the image file for you.
- The file names have been changed to include the size that needs to be ordered, the lab from which you need to order the product, the bleed and the product name that needs to be ordered. You'll know exactly what you need to order from just the file name.
- If you would like to do any final edits to your image before you order it from your lab, simply open the downloaded image file in Photoshop, make your edits to that cropped image, and order it from your lab. It's sized and cropped exactly how it was ordered in Swift Galleries.