As with all of these recommended workflows, these are just our opinions, feel free to tweak them or outright change them to suit your business.
Before the Planning Meeting:
- Request the room photo in your "Thanks for your interest" email and ask that they have it to you a day or two before the planning meeting.
- Feel free to offer some sort of incentive for getting you the room photo in a timely manner (free 11x14 if you get it to me 2 days before the planning meeting)
During the Planning Meeting
- Show various sizes and template ideas on their walls.
- Try to decide on specific sizes ("I think this size would look great over this couch, what do you think? Great, let's jot that down... 30x45 canvas over the couch") and specific templates ("This triptych looks good in this spot next to the piano, and it'll give us enough products to have one photo of each of the three kids"). Don't worry about putting photos in there yet, just try to get them to decide on layouts and sizes for various spaces throughout their home.
At the Session
- Refer back to and build excitement for the products you discussed during the planning meeting ("Oh man, this is the one! This one is going to be perfect for that canvas you wanted over the couch!"). Now your client can visualize not only the correct size in the spot in their home, they're mentally placing one of their images into that correctly-sized imaginary product. They're selling it to themselves!
Between the Session and the Sales Meeting
- Upload and calibrate their room photo, if you have it.
- Upload basic edits of your final images (we recommend no more than 20-30 images from a typical portrait session).
- Design 1-2 suggestions per location in the home (or 2-3 if there's only one location in the home)
- Create a new In-Person Sales Opportunity
During the Sales Meeting
- Run through the IPS Session, starting with the slideshow. Do this twice, once "just to enjoy the photos" and a second time to "start thinking about which ones they love"
- Click "Choose Photos" and sort they Yes images from the No images by using the up and down arrows on your keyboard.
- Head into the Designer and show them your suggestions. Make any changes depending on their favorite images and don't forget to suggest other locations for wall art.
- Add all galleries they want to the cart, then proceed into checkout
- Be sure to add any Add-Ons they might want, during checkout. This could be any non-wall art product.
- If you've got Discounts turned on, add any discounts you want to apply to their order (a "paid in full" discount for those who order and pay everything at the sales meeting is a great start)
- Check out through Swift Galleries if you have Payment Collection turned on. Otherwise, place the order and collect payment outside of Swift Galleries (through something like Square).
- If you want to offer a payment plan, you can do that by leaving Payment Collection OFF, and taking payment through PayKit.io.
After the Sales Meeting
- Make your final edits only to the images that were ordered
- Place the order with your lab.
- Collect payment, if you haven't already.
- Send order confirmation email to your client to let them know their order has been placed and to give a window for delivery date.
- Do a happy dance while looking at your bank account balance.