You'll organize your client photos into albums in Swift Galleries. Typically, each client or session will get its own album.
Here's how to create your first album:
Prefer reading? Have at it!
To create an album in Swift Galleries, simply:
- Go to "Albums" in the main navigation, then "New Album"
- Give your album a name (this is typically the clients' name and session type, i.e. "Rebecca and Cameron Engagement")
- Choose a date on which you'd like this album to expire (Hint: the shorter you keep an album open, the more you'll tend to sell. Get them in there while they're excited!)
- (Optional) If you're selling online (not in-person), enter an online cart URL if you have one. This would be the URL to the client's Pixieset, SmugMug, ShootProof, etc. album where they can buy small prints. We'll show your client this URL after they've placed a wall art order so they can order their smaller prints.
- Hit "Save Album"
This will drop you in on a small overview of the album you just created. From here, you'll want to upload some photos into that album. If you can drag and drop, you've got this! :)
- Click on the Manage Images tab across the top of the screen
- Choose some photos from your computer and drag and drop them onto the Add Images box on the right hand side of the screen.
- Wait for them to upload.
- That's it!
Why should I only upload full resolution images?
- Full resolution images will keep you from getting resolution warnings while working in the Designer.
- When a client places an order, we'll crop the photos and give them to you exactly as they were ordered so you don't have to worry if your crop is correct. If you upload low res files, you'll have to go back to the full resolution and guess at the crop. So just use full res images.
- Worried about making final edits before the photo gets ordered? Don't. Just take the full resolution, cropped image we give you after the order is placed and do your full edit on that image file, then use that file when ordering the product from your lab. Easy peasy.