The first thing you'll want to do in Swift Galleries is add a product to sell to your clients. We call these "Product Types" in Swift Galleries.
There are two ways you can create a new Product Type and they're both very simple - you can import one of our Product File CSVs, or you can create a Product Type manually.
Create a new Product Type by Importing a CSV:
Prefer to read? Here you go:
- Head over to our Wall Art Product Directory and choose a product you want to sell in Swift Galleries
- Download the Product File for that product (Hover over it, then click "Download Product File")
- Go to the Import Product Type screen and click "Choose a File"
- Navigate to the file you just downloaded and import it
- Confirm the information is correct, then finish the import
- Tweak your prices (if you want. They're set to 4X the cost by default)
- And that's it! You're ready to sell that product with Swift Galleries!
In a hurry and just want a product to sell? Click here to download the Product File for CG Pro's Canvas Wrap, it's the most popular product sold with Swift Galleries.
Create a new Product Type Manually:
Prefer to read? Go nuts:
- Head over to the Add Product Type screen
- Choose whether your product is a Wrapped Product (like a Canvas, where the image could wrap around the edges), a Non-Wrapped Product (like a Metal Print) or a Framed Product (like... you know... a framed print :D )
- Choose a measurement system - Imperial (inches) or Metric (centimeters)
- Name your new product type. This will be seen by your client, so you'll probably want to leave the lab name out.
- Enter the Lab name you'll order this product from (this will not be seen by your client, it's only used for your reports and order info)
- Define the edge wrap or bleed for the product (don't know what this is? Watch this.)
- Give your product a description. This can also be seen by clients, so this is another one you might want to leave the lab name out of.
- Choose a color that will represent this product in Swift Galleries
- Click "Save Product Type"
Swift Galleries will create 10 sizes and 10 templates (or 5 templates for framed products) for you by default.
We'll drop you right in on that new product type, where you should:
- Verify your lab offers all of the sizes we created for you
- Add any other sizes your lab offers that we didn't create for you (just click the "Add Product" button)
- Enter your labs' costs into the Cost column
- Enter your retail price (what you'll charge your clients) into the Price column
- Save your changes!
As you can see, we've done a lot of the work for you with the importable CSV files, so that's a more straightforward way to quickly create a new Product Type. If, however, you'd like to create your own (or we don't have a CSV file for the product you'd like to offer), creating a product manually is very simple, as well!