Looking for product files to import? Here they are!
There are three ways to create a new Product:
- Load from Swift Galleries
- Import a Swift Galleries Product File CSV
- Create it from scratch (manually) from within Swift Galleries
If you started your Swift Galleries account with products already loaded for you, you may already have products in your account.
No matter which option you choose, you'll navigate to Products and Templates, then to Manage Products.
Click on Import via CSV
- Click the Choose File button, then choose the file you'd like to import (not sure where to get a product file? More on that in a second)
- Verify the product details and sizes
- Choose the product color that will represent this product in the Template Manager as well as the Templates tab in the Designer, then click "Finish Importing Products". Then confirm.
- That's it! You'll be dropped in on the Sizes grid where you can change your prices or delete or add any different sizes if you'd like.
Downloading Product Files from our Wall Art Database
We have a database of our favorite products from our favorite labs right here.
Browse through the available products there and, when you find one you'd like to sell, hover over it and click the "Download Product File for Swift Galleries" link.
From there, just upload that file as described above and you're good to go!
A few notes about the provided Product Files:
- While we have and will attempt to keep these files updated with regard to product availability and lab costs, we can't guarantee they're up to date. Ultimately, you are responsible for double-checking that the products you offer are available from your chosen lab and that your prices and costs are accurate.
- Our database isn't exhaustive, it's a curated directory of our favorite products from many popular labs.
- Not sure what products to even offer? Check out the Recommended Products tab over on the Product Database. Those span every major product type and are a great selection of products to choose if you just want something to start with.
- If you want to offer a different variation of a product for which we've provided a Product File (ex: a framed print with a different color frame), simply upload the product file a second time and edit the product to reflect the variation you'd like to offer. Be sure to change the name of that product so you know which is which when you're designing your galleries.
Creating Your Own Product File
For the power users who are comfortable working with CSV files and want to roll their own Product Files, grab our template Product File right here.
A few notes about creating your own Product Files:
- You can only have one product type per file. Every variation will need its own product file (ex: multiple frame color options for framed prints).
- Your file must be saved in CSV format.
- If you use commas in any fields, be sure your CSV software encloses that field in quotations to avoid any issues.
- Your file must use our specific header row. It's easiest to just download our template file and use it as your starting point.
- The Product Type Classification entries must be either "Wrapped", "Non-wrapped" or "Framed". Those are case-sensitive, as well.
- The Product Type Measurement System must be either "Inches" or "Centimeters". Those are also case-sensitive.
- All fields are required except for Frame Width, Frame Color, Mat Width and Mat Color, which are only required when your Product Type Classification is "Framed".
Once you get familiar with the syntax and format of the Product Files, this becomes a very, very quick way to create your products within Swift Galleries. If you decide to create your own files and there's a problem with your file, we'll notify you when you attempt to upload it, so don't worry about breaking anything. =)
If you run into any problems, feel free to shoot us an email with your Product File attached and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot any issues.